FBISD Encourages Families to take Advantage of the Online Free/Reduced Meal Application Process for the 2015-2016 School Year
Parents/guardians may begin applying online beginning Monday, August 10
In preparation for the 2015-2016 school year, Fort Bend ISD’s Child Nutrition Department is encouraging eligible parents/guardians to take advantage of the online process when completing the Free/Reduced Meal Program application. Families will not receive printed applications this year. Families may complete an online application from any computer with internet access at http://fortbendisd.heartlandapps.com.
Families will need the following information available when completing the online application:
- Student’s legal name (first and last), birth date, and assigned ID number (if known)
- Student’s school name
- All household gross income and/or SNAP (formerly food stamps) or TANF eligibility determination group number EDG # (not Case #)
- Last four digits of the parent’s/guardian’s social security number
Parents/guardians who do not have computer access may:
- Visit their child’s school and complete the application on a school computer.
- Visit FBISD’s Child Nutrition Department (555 Julie Rivers Dr., Sugar Land, 77478) for computer access. Families may visit Child Nutrition on Monday through Friday in the morning (from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.) or afternoon (from 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.).
- Request an application from their child’s campus.
For more information or assistance in completing the online Free/Reduced Meal Program application, contact the Child Nutrition Department at (281) 634-1196.